With Paul Ah Chee Ngala accepting the 1997 NT Brolga Award for Aboriginal Tourism
Listed below are the highlights of the 286 “jobs ” that I have had in the past 49 Years
Pictured with the Australian Tourism Award and TO_DO World Tourism Award (Aboriginal Tourism ) For client; Aboriginal Art and Culture Centre Alice Springs
Marketing Achievements 1969-1990
- 1969: Working as a personal assistant to the late Sir Reginald Ansett, legendary founder of Ansett Airlines in my first job.
- 1973: Being promoted to Project Accountant on the construction of the Bougainville Copper Project (1.2 Billion dollars) at the age of 23 years.
- 1974: Being sales accountant of the largest profit ever made by an Australian company (1973 $127 million) – Bougainville Copper Pty Ltd.
- Working on a world wide information management system based in the USA (including N.A.S.A. and Martin Marietta Systems).
- Successfully marketing new frozen fruits in the USA (10,000 ,000 1 bs sales of frozen mango to the R.J Reynolds Co).
- Attracting over $500 million worth of enquiry for Queensland Real Estate investment in 1983.
- As marketing manager for CDS-TV achieved the highest growth of any second board company in Australia 1986.
- Taking the subsequent worth of CDS-TV from $600,000 to $30 million in 6 months.
- Selling 1400 wedding dresses in January 1988 over a period of 4 weeks to generate a total monthly sale of $675,000. Previous month $160,000 (320% increase).
- Successfully launching a new tourist publication “Hello Cairns” in Cairns when there were 26 publications already on the market. Sold $ 120, 000 worth of advertising in 3 weeks.
- Increasing the size and advertising revenue of “Australia’s top Newspaper”, The Torres News by 300% over a 3 month period.
- Assisting the Torres Strait Islanders with a very successful public relations campaign and also designing their logo.
PROJECTS AND CONSULTANCY CLIENTS INCLUDE
FEDERAL AIRPORTS CORPORATION :Alice Springs Airport commercial study and all retail leasing
WOODHEAD ARCHITECTS: Community Planning
FEDERAL GOVERNMENT: Community/enterprise plans
KOORI MAIL: National development Aboriginal newspaper
PARK AND WILDLIFE COMMISSION NT :Tourism research-Telegraph Station development
ALICE SPRINGSTOWN COUNCIL :Tourism study
COUNCIL OF ABORIGINAL RECONCILIATION : Aboriginal media issues-Queensland
MELANKA LODGE : Alice Springs / tourism development Back packer feasibility study
WORKZONE –ALICE SPRINGS: Employment consulting business plan
LOTTO MANUFACTURING _NATIONAL : Sales/marketing strategy
CC-TVCoralCoast Television: Cairns Tourism television feasibility study
HECRON Group of Companies : National marketing/sales strategy
TORRES STRAIT NEWS :Thursday Island QLD Newspaper marketing strategy
CONGRESS ABORIGINAL HEALTH SERVICE : Health promotion media strategy
DEPT OF EMPLOYMENT/TRAINING NT :Tourism training strategy
FEDERAL DEPARTMENT : Tourism training Centre
FEDERAL TOURISM GRANT ALICE SPRINGS :Museum development
AUSTRALIAN TOURISM COMMISSION: International Marketing
ABORIGINAL AUSTRALIA : Internet development
RED CENTRE RESORT :Tourism promotion
ARRERNTE COUNCIL : Enterprise development conference
ABORIGINAL ART AND CULTURE CENTRE-ALICE SPRINGS :Tourism marketing
ABORIGINAL DESERT DISCOVERY TOURS: Tourism development strategy
CULTURAL PRECINCT –Alice Springs Project development
TOURISM PROJECT-CAIRNS – 1995 Project Management
ABORIGINAL TOUR OPERATORS-NATIONAL-1999 Internet site /CD-ROM
ATC/QANTAS/NTTC 1997-2002 International marketing
MUSEE DU QUAI BRANDLY-PARIS-2002 Project development
WALKABOUT AUSTRALIA-NT 2003 International export marketing
SOUTHCORP WINES /DISNEY USA 2003 International marketing
AURORA RESORTS AND HOTELS 2003 Brolga Awards Entry
SENSIS /YELLOW PAGES-NT 2003 Sales, Marketing and research
CONGRESS ALICE SPRINGS -2004 Health promotion strategy
ALICE SPRINGS HOLIDAYS -2004 Website design
BALLARAT ABORIGINAL CULTURAL CENTRE 2005 Project Management/marketing
ABORIGINAL AUSTRALIA 1996-2014 Internet development
FEDERAL Dept Health OATSIH 2006 OPAL Fuel communications strategy
PORTLANDBET 2006/2007 International internet marketing